Jan 27, 2011 8:59pm
Re: Itunes, ipod
I'm a real techno-neanderthal, and am further "gifted" with a complete disinterest in putzing around with anything mechanical, which is how people figure stuff out. So naturally that one flummoxed me, too.
Plus, it's not as if iTunes help pages address the specialized needs of folks who want to load SHOWS. (Since when did you read "show" on a help page?) I finally figured out a show isn't a "file," but a "folder." (Like an album.)
So, after a lot of painful putzing around, here's how I finally figured out to get music from my computer to my iTunes (and hence iPod).
1) Click on "file" (at the way top left above the arrows.) That'll bring up a menu of things, most of which are utterly perplexing. Ignore them, except for ...
2) Click "add folder to library."
3) That'll bring up a way to search for where your show lives. Maybe on your desktop, or in a folder on your desktop, or however you organize stuff. Find the show you want.
4) Aha! Found it! Click on that once, to make it blue.
5) It's blue, right? Now look below and find the thing called "select folder." Click on that. Then you'll see it loading into iTunes
Presto! It's in iTunes! Now when you synch, it'll be on your iPod. It's probably automatically checked. If not, hover over the show, right click, and click on "check selection."
Of course, this made me realize that I've probably forgotten how to load CDs onto iTunes. I've done it, but ... well, it's not in automatic memory ...
This post was modified by AltheaRose on 2011-01-28 04:59:29